200 g green beans 200 g broad beans 200 g kidney beans (canned) 3 green onions 2 tbsp olive oil 200 g thick lima beans (alternatively 500 g thick bean pods) 200 g edamame (frozen product; thawed) Salt 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley 50 g sun-dried tomatoes (no oil) 200 g GAZİ sheep cheese 3 tbsp puffed quinoa
1 tbsp coriander seeds 5 cardamom pods 1 piece ginger, about the size of a hazelnut 1 fresh garlic clove Salt 1 tsp raw cane sugar 2 tsp grainy mustard 1–2 tbsp dark balsamic vinegar 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Juice of ½ a lemon Freshly ground black pepper
1. For the dressing, lightly sauté the coriander and cardamom in a small non-stick pan. Peel and dice the ginger and garlic. In a mortar, pound the coriander, cardamom, ginger, garlic and 1 tsp of salt into a fine paste. Mix the paste in a large bowl with the remaining dressing ingredients. Season with pepper.
2. Clean, wash and dry the green and broad beans and separate them from the hulls. Cut the broad beans diagonally into thin pieces. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Wash the green onions and cut into thin rings. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the strips of broad beans for 6 minutes. Add the green onion rings and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the beans cool down.
3. Boil some water in a large pot. Blanch the green beans, the lima beans and the Edamame beans in the pot, one variety at a time (green beans 5–6 minutes; lima beans and Edamame 2 minutes each), remove and shock briefly in ice water and then drain. Cut the green beans into bite-sized pieces. Press the lima beans, separating them from the cuticle. Remove the Edamame from their shell.
4. Wash the parsley and shake dry. Coarsely chop the leaves. Cut the dried tomatoes into strips. Mix the beans, parsley and tomatoes with the dressing. Blot the sheep's cheese dry with a paper towel and crumble into small pieces over the beans.
5. Sprinkle the puffed quinoa over the bean salad and serve.