200 g Thai rice noodles (for pho) 200 g green beans 150 g sugar snap peas 200 g carrot 2 mini pak choi 1 walnut-sized piece of ginger (10 g) 1 small red chilli pepper 1 stalk lemongrass 1 l vegetable stock 4 kaffir lime leaves 150 g shiitake 2 tsp coconut oil Fish sauce (nam pla), to taste 1 bunch coriander 150 g GAZİ Feta Zest of 1 organic lime Lime slices for serving (if desired)
1. Put the noodles into a dish, cover with warm water and let soak for 10 minutes. In the meantime, clean and wash beans and peas, cut off the ends and pull off the stringy parts if necessary. Peel the carrots and cut into small sticks. Clean and wash the pak choi. Peel the ginger and cut into a rough dice. Wash, halve and core the chilli pepper. Knock the lemon grass with the handle of a heavy knife and cut into 2 or 3 pieces, depending on the length.
2. Heat the broth in a large saucepan. Add ginger, chilli, lemongrass and lime leaves and leave to cool. In the meantime, boil some salted water in a second pan. Blanch the vegetables in batches, one variety at a time: 4 minutes each for the beans, peas, carrots, and 2 minutes for the pak choi. Remove with a slotted spoon, rinse briefly with cold water and drain thoroughly. Halve the pak choi.
3. Clean the shiitake, cut away the stalk and slice the heads into strips. Use a slotted spoon to lift the spices out of the broth (alternatively pour the broth through a fine strainer and pour it back into the pot) and boil again. Remove the noodles from the soaking water and cook in the broth for about 2 minutes or as per package instructions. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms in it over medium heat until lightly browned. Put the mushrooms together in a corner of the pan. Place the blanched vegetables bundled in the pan and let them heat for a while. Turn the vegetables over and drizzle with a few splashes of fish sauce.
5. Wash the coriander, shake it very carefully, and finely chop (with stalks). Place in a bowl. Dab the feta dry with kitchen paper, crumble into the bowl, sprinkle with a bit of lime zest and mix well. Put 1 pak choi half in a soup bowl and add 1 serving of noodles. Arrange the vegetables by the variety at the edge. Drizzle with 1 splash of lime juice and fish sauce. Sprinkle the winter bowls generously with the feta-coriander topping and serve. Add lime slices and more fish sauce as you like.